Friday, February 13, 2015

USS - 11th Feb 2015!

Hi!

Well, today was extremely tiring.. My feet feels as though I just finish running 8,851.8 km (The Great Wall of China)! OK, maybe I'm exaggerating but you know, it's almost like that. Hahaha! 


I woke up in the morning at 6am before heading out to meet the boy. I hate going out in the morning because of the morning rush and how crowded it usually is in the public transports. It's like if you don't get up at Pasir Ris, you probably won't be able to get in the train by Bedok. And that was like almost 8+am. 


We headed to Resorts World Sentosa. I didn't know you could use your EZ-Link or concession cards to board the monorail. Usually you'd have to pay $4 per adult ticket. That's good because even with $0.17 left in H's EZ-Link, he could still board the train. :P 


We were 45 minutes early, which annoyed H because I never told him it opened at 10am. But the good thing about USS is that they let people in even before 10am. Today we went in by 9:45am!


When we first went in, I headed for the Churros first! I've heard people commenting on how delicious it is, so of course I had to try them. They were around 30cm long, and coated with lots of cinnamon sugar! Yes, it was delicious, but I would NOT rate them 10/10 because firstly, it was not airy enough. I personally think that Churros needs to be fluffy and airy. The flour was quite thick and it was overly sweet! I'd give it an 8/10


The first attraction we headed to was "Shrek 4-D Adventure" at Far Far Away. I secretly enjoyed the ride even though it was for kids. When you first go in, you'd have to wait for awhile before they let you into the dungeon where they show you an 8 minute clip and tell you about their safety regulations. After that is done, they let you into the 4-D movie theater. It's pretty big and sits roughly around 200 people I would say. The movie lasted for roughly 25 minutes. All I can say is, I'd rate it a 9.5/10. It is good, but the only downside is the waiting time outside the dungeon. 


You can read more about this attraction here!


Before heading to any other attractions, we wanted to go for the Transformers Ride. As usual, the waiting time was an hour. We didn't feel like waiting that long. The queue had extended till outside. No thank you. 


After walking to New York City, we saw "The Rockafellas"! It's a group that consist of 5 men, B-Boyin! At first, I did not have any knowledge of what B-Boyin was. Apparently it's breakdancing in simple terms. It originated in New York City, so of course that was in place. Most definitely I would give this street dance a 10/10, hands down! They were interactive and kept people at gaze! You'll have to watch it to believe it, as they say! :-)


We pretty much walked aimlessly till we found a place to eat. It was a Halal restaurant called "Mel's Drive In" which was also in New York City. It was a retro, '70's look that was occasionally playing "Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison"! I love that song, so naturally, I was attracted to the place. I thought "Oh great, good food and good music!" Even the diner looked retro! Except for two things - H pointed out how the "EXIT" signs didn't match the '70's look! Secondly, the food was horrible! Absolutely disgusting. We both ordered the "Chilli Cheese Dog Combo" which included Cheese Fries (add $1) and a drink. The food looked amazing, but tasted blend. There was no taste at all. We both took a bite each and couldn't finish our food. Wasted. We paid $12.80 per pax when we could have gotten a good meal else where. Sorry, but that would be a 0/10. Boo. :-(


We walked around a little more before heading for the "Transformers Ride" at "Sci-Fi City". The waiting time was still 60 minutes, but we thought "Oh, what the hell." But to my amazement, it only took 20 minutes before we were able to board the attraction! The downside was how long the queue area was. Even though it was moving quite fast, there were many turns here and there. I understand they had to make it such so that it could accommodate when there's actually a long queue, but still, it was quite troublesome. But hold on, the ride though.... Definitely worth all the hassle and wait! It felt like it was only 10 minutes or so, the ride. But totally worth it! The thrill was there, and it really felt like a roller coaster ride even though the ride was not actually moving much. It was something like the Shrek 4-D movie, with 4-D glasses and such! Definitely a 10/10 for the ride itself! 

Read more about the attraction here!


I can't remember whether we did the meet & greet with Bumblebee and Optimus Prime before or after the ride, but that was one hell of a time! I believe it was before, if I'm not wrong. Just after eating at Mel's Drive In. The boy was very excited and we even took a selfie! 


After all that, I forgot I had a $10 FnB voucher I could redeem because of the SG50 deal. After redeeming it, we ate at "Goldilocks", which was located at Far Far Away. The food was delicious, much better than what we had at Mel's Drive In. We ate their Spicy Fried Chicken. I can't remember what it's called exactly, but it was the 3 piece one. We shared a meal. It was great tasting, but the only down point was how oily the chicken was. Oil was literally oozing out of the chicken! I'd give it an 8.5/10! Since there was my favourite ice-cream in there, I just had to! Ben&Jerry's! I took the "Chocolate Fudge Brownie" and he got "Vanilla". Boohoo, but he likes it, so why not. 


After that we took a small roller coaster. Hehe. It's called "Enchanted Airways" located at Far Far Away. I was quite scared although it was a junior ride. Haha! I could feel my stomach twisting? It was less than 5 minutes and very thrilling! My spectacles almost went flying! I'd give it a 9/10! 


You can read more about it here!


The last ride we went on was a kiddy one. It was "Madagascar: A Crate Adventure". As the name tells, it was located at Madagascar! It was a really fun ride, I'd say. Basically you're just sitting in a boat and it brings you into caves and such. NOTE: You will get wet a little :P You'll be in for alot of fun eventhough it's a short boat ride. Definitely a 10/10! Haha!


You can find out more here!


All I can is, USS would have been more fun if I wasn't afraid of roller coasters! Oh, one thing that was ABSOLUTELY disappointing was.... The Mummy Ride. It wasn't open. Apparently it's under their annual maintenance. But I heard it's been more than a week now :-( I was really sad when I saw they weren't open still. 


This is the Mummy's ride! Aaaand... here's a short video of the ride, but it's the one in Hollywood! Pretty much the same. Looks so cool!


And as the saying goes... I'm officially not a USS virgin anymore! Hahahaha!





No comments:

Post a Comment